In 7 days time your call will be closed

John C

Hi @John C are you referring to a two stage closure?  

If so there are a couple of places to look in your business process(es)

1. You will probably have a node in the process which is a Suspend Wait for Status Change most likely to occur after the process has been put into a resolution state

In that node, there will be an Expiry option which i assume will have been set to 7 days you are of course free to change this to any desired period.

image.png

2. Do you have an email being sent to the customer telling them that their request will be closed in 7 days, if so you will need to amend the email template which is called from that node, and change that to whatever period you want this to be.

image.png

The email templates are managed in the admin console Home > System > Email > Templates

* Just find the name of the one, which will be referenced in the email node EMAIL TEMPLATE field 

Hope that helps

Steve

To add on this topic, as it is a very common oversight, just make sure the 7 (or N) days are configured "correctly" (I mean to be closed as intended). Here is an FAQ article that would explain this in more detail:

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Victor

Just jumping in on this, is there a particular reason why the Expiry dates on some nodes are set up using the Service Level Calendar and others (like the On Hold period) don't use the SLC? 

I've been caught out more than once with this......so I know what I'm doing now (almost)...but I was wondering why some DO use the SLC and others don't? 

ta!

Hi Paul,

11 hours ago, Paul Alexander said:

is there a particular reason why the Expiry dates on some nodes are set up using the Service Level Calendar and others (like the On Hold period) don't use the SLC? 

We actually just completed some work that provides an option for the On Hold period that lets you select if it using the On Hold uses the calendar or not.  This will be available in an upcoming Service Manager update over the next few weeks.

Some nodes in the BPM are generic functions that sit outside of Service Manager and they won't have the concept of Services and the Working Time Calendars (WTC) that they use.  In other cases it may not be relevant to the node or it is planned but not yet provided.  If you have a particular node, aside from the On Hold, that you would also like to see working off the WTC do let us know.

James