Change process used by "Raise New" button

mikehibbert

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Mike Hibbitt

Wouldn't that depend on which Service you selected?

Once you choose the Service,  the default workflow for that Service would be used (unless you selected a specific Catalog Item below the Service):

image.png.aa5e53f8cfb00d9d5010ef954d1e5dbb.png

Or have I misunderstood the question? 

@mikehibbert do you mean the progressive capture questions on the Raise New button rather than the eventual fulfilment business process?  if so in in the admin console under Service Manager > Settings you can choose which progressive capture flow is used for the New Request button, or any specific Ticket Type

image.png

If it is the actual business processes, then these would be different depending on the service and possibly catalog item which is chosen from progressive capture and as shown above by Paul can be configured under each service.

Hope that helps

Steve

I've just realised that this isn't working as you might expect.

I've checked that "Service A" is using "BPM Process 1" (dummy example names here of course :-)) in the request config for problem tickets.

I click Raise New > Problem and during the progressive capture choose "Service A", but it is not using "BPM Process 1".

Is there somewhere the request config for a service is overridden? 

@mikehibbert is the bpm you have set for Problem Management under service A marked as active?  Is the service definitely associated against the request i.e in the information section on the problem record?

image.png

There are default business processes for when a request (problem) on this occasion is created without a process being selected, which is why i ask if there is a service on your test problem record? 

image.png