Searching Translations

There are over 200 pages of Translations. In some cases it can be really useful to be able to change some of the words on the screen but finding an entry is a needle in a haystack. There is a Filter but to be honest I find that of limited use as I don't understand the naming convention for the Keys (and can't see anything in the wiki). I need a search option for any text in the Default or Translated fields. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Also, the drop down (which presumably should show you what you're searching for) is showing 'undefined' on all the options. I've tried reloading the page but it's not updating....could this be looked at please? (I'm using Chrome)

image.png.2fab6e4f76d067966bf6e44c7741006c.png

I tend to run this query in the database direct which helps me find it rather easy. It returns application and key among other things.
SELECT * FROM h_sys_app_strings where h_value like '%CHANGEME%' and h_lang = 'LANGUAGECODE'

Change the CHANGEME into the string you want to change and the LANGUAGECODE into the language you are using. Then you can go to the appropriate application and make the changes.

Guest Paul Alexander

@HHH

that's really helpful thanks.

EDIT: sorry, that request only brings back 126 items, so I THINK it's only the already translated texts? I'm looking to change the 'add resolution description' text ....

Edited by Paul Alexander

On 11/5/2019 at 3:56 PM, Paul Alexander said:

EDIT: sorry, that request only brings back 126 items, so I THINK it's only the already translated texts? I'm looking to change the 'add resolution description' text ....

That makes sense, we work in 11 languages so I think we translated almost everything

Hi @Frank Reay @HHH @Paul Alexander

I have followed this up internally, and have been informed that underlying API changes have already been made to faciliate a better search experience, but there is still some platform work in the backlog that needs to be completed before it will work as we would want. So the implementation here is ongoing. 

I do appreciate the difficulties you have with the searching (as I often have them myself!). To that end I have a temporary workaround that I hope will alliviate this a little bit; I have spoken to our individual project teams, recieved a string extract from each of them and collated this into a single Excel spreadsheet. This will allow you to CTRL + F to find any part of either a default string, or the key itself. 

It's by no means ideal, because we are constantly adding new strings so this is likely to become out of date reletively quickly. But for a quick reference/search guide, I hope it will help in the interim period until we implement a solution in the Admin tool. 

Please see the attached file

Kind Regards

Bob

TRANSLATION STRINGS 2019-11-11.xlsx

• Like 1

• 4 months later...