Advanced Task rights

SimonSheldon

I have created a new Role that has "Advanced Task Completer" rights so my 1st Line analysts can re-assign tasks to different groups/analysts but it doesn't appear to work...

image.thumb.png.8c16103cfcd62ca5341ed8c3b305af37.pngThe 1st Line Analysts are assigned the role which gives them them the "advanced request task completer" right but they still can't click on edit and then assign to a different analyst/group so this ends up being done by the SD Manager... any ideas?  the option in settings for the experimental option has been turned on.

The Advanced Request Task Completer role allows the User to complete tasks owned by other Users, not to move them between Users.

If you are regularly finding that you need to move a Task from one User to another it is probably worth considering how you assign them. It is often better to avoid assigning them to individuals and instead assign them to groups or roles, so that, for example, if someone is off sick then the Task can be completed by someone with the same role without having to wait for it to be reassigned.

OK - most of the tasks are assigned to the owner of the call in the BPM - using the setting below so that the response timer etc. kicks into effect once a call has been assigned an owner...

image.thumb.png.3ee8c9e4f20edd18db3d001ed9042821.png

I can re-assign to a different team with admin rights so is there a specific right that allows this or is it a consequence of being admin user?  Would be very handy for our 1st line people to be able to do this as we have just implemented the auto assignment of calls to 1st line in the first instance so once the call is assigned to them the first task auto assigns to them as well.  If they then need to either assign the call to another team or just the task this causes issues as the call can be re-assigned but the task can't unless someone with admin rights does it.

This would be covered by having a Role that, for example, contains both First Line and Second Line - or First Line and the Team that supports that Service - and assigning the task to that Role.

Done this way, if First Line can provide a fix they can action the task, if not then Second Line also have the ability to do so without the need to re-assign the task.

• Like 1

Yes that may work - although in theory all of our teams (5 of them) support all or most of the services we currently have so could get a bit messy.

I had been thinking of adding in an extra Human Task in the BPM before the main "work task" is assigned and after the initial assignment took place to allow the 1st Line analyst to determine if a re-assignment is required and re-assign at that point before the rest of the BPM carried on therefore meaning the main work task was assigned to the new owner/team...

Thanks Steve - food for thought and will have a play!! :-)

Without examining the Process I'm limited to guessing how it works, but based on this thread so far you might be able to avoid having an extra Human Task by slightly altering the existing one to give outcomes of, for example:
1. Issue Resolved
2. Further Investigation Required
3. Escalation to 2nd Line Required

Then the BPM could resolve the issue for 1, leave the Request with 1st line for 2, or wait for a new owner and then assign a task to the new owner/team/role for 3.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.01f9ea8d654182c80054a4f5dd476d3f.png

Yes that might be the answer... part of the issue is 1st Line just assigning certain calls straight to another team without investigating properly first so doing as you suggest gives them time to pause and think about it before deciding what to do.

After either auto-assigning based on "most available" or direct to the call logger if the call is being logged on the analyst portal its a fairly simple process as below... so modifying as you suggest will help i think.

@Steve Giller Just to say have now mostly sorted this by adding my 1st Line analysts to each of our analyst support groups, allowing them to view and action tasks but removing the right to have calls assigned to them in that group...

If a task has been assigned to an analyst in another team directly or accepted by an analyst in that team then they can complete on that analysts behalf, if it has just been assigned to another team they can edit the task and assign to themselves, another team or another analyst in the team so pretty much all bases covered.

Thanks for the help on this one!