Help/query with a bulk update of requests

RobW

Hi, I was hoping someone may be able to provide some guidance on how to update 2000+ orphan requests?

We tried setting up some rules to automatically create requests based on incoming infrastructure alerts - something went a bit haywire and we now have 2125 orphan requests which are stinking up our Hornbill instance. I'd rather not spend a day going through and manually resolving them so was hoping there might be a way of updating them in bulk. I've been able to export a list of the orphan requests however it maxxed out at 2000 so need to look where to increase this limit if an export will help.

Disclaimer is that I'm not strong with SQL but can call on assistance if required? 

Thanks!

That's odd - we had a similar problem this morning. There is an experimental feature which is 2 years old but still works and is wonderful! Sad to say but earlier this morning I was jumping out of my seat in joy when I found it!!!

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Manager_Experimental_Features

Third heading down. You just need to ensure that your selected Requests are in a similar state and use the same workflow. 

Hi Rob, you can from the Request list perform bulk operation like resolve.  The minute you make your selection you'll get an icon at the top that will then allow you to specify the operation that you want to apply.image.png

image.png

Guest Paul Alexander

A couple of caveats to this -

First, the 'bulk action' button is this one: 

image.png.d4da022f037b653deb0d521ed6bac56f.png

And second, I'm sure that you can only select up to 50  requests at a time for the bulk action to work........unless someone knows differently? Although this item IS very useful, if you need to do anything in the UI to multiple items, I think they all max out at 50  items (deleting assets for instance, or updating requests)