Cancel old activities

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Is there a way of cancelling OLD activities please? 

We have a whole list of old activities which were set up before the option of 'cancelling activities if the parent call is cancelled' was enabled. 

Some of these go back to June 2017, and unless I go through each one (there are 159 pages of outstanding activities apparently!) and check whether the related SR has been cancelled or not and, if so, cancel this activity, I can't see an easy way of getting rid of them.

Is there a tool I can use to do this for me please?

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @SamS

Thanks for this....I've just tried to use the tool and I'm getting a long list of errors which all say "Task not taskCancel: The specified task was not found"

If I set dryRun to true it tells me that 1281 items would have been cancelled (so I've got half of it right...it CAN see the list of orphaned activities!). 

I'm using "Hornbill_Task_Canceller_x64.exe -instance=[Our Instance] -api=[our API key] -listfile=c:\tasks.csv "

Any ideas please?

Hi @Paul Alexander,

Is there a significant difference (in the .csv file) between the cancelled tasks and those not cancelled (eg missing TSK prefix or so)? You said it was 50-50 success. Was it every second task in the list which worked/not worked? The error suggests that the task does not exist, so obvious question, do the remaining tasks still exist?

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @SamS

The .csv file seems to have all the correct data in it (every line starts with tsk etc). I got this list using the built in 'open tasks on cancelled request' report supplied in the zip file.

It looks like EVERY line is failing (not 50/50)

And yes, if I do a search for the tasks, they DO still exist. 

thanks