Ticket not coming out of suspend after email received?

Afternoon,

As part of a process i'm building we suspend a ticket, wait for request email:
image.png.561f18de497335e874f16465b53d1a67.png

However once the email has been received into the ticket, the process is not starting up again, it should the move the ticket to open. However that is not happening? Am i assuming the node does something it doesn't or is there a issue?

image.png.c1f833a2d4b91a6c6384f9b153ab60fb.pngimage.png.11d8fe4090bbefc7721859bbe619753b.png

If this isn't the node to use to start the process up again could someone please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Hayley

You don't have anything to take something off hold if something comes in via email? can this please be looked at as a enhancement feature? As taking something off of hold after a email comes in would be very helpful. Allowing analysts to know the ticket has new information and it has gone back into a open state.

H

+1 for us

@yelyah.nodrog Our workaround for this is to suspend the ticket and ONLY change it to open when "any update" has apply to the ticket. So when we put ticket on hold for customer response and the ticket are waiting for an update, any kind of update.

But it a hit and miss process because sometime when customer put in out of office reply which trigger the response to the email and open the ticket as soon I put it on hold, however, most of the time it was successful when customer did response.

Hope this helps.

Aaron :ph34r:

On 7/19/2019 at 12:30 PM, Aaron Summers said:

But it a hit and miss process because sometime when customer put in out of office reply which trigger the response to the email and open the ticket as soon I put it on hold, however, most of the time it was successful when customer did response.

We do the same thing.
It helped to add a routing rule that deletes incoming emails containing "autoreply" in the subject.

@HHH

We did that before but we abolished that rule because most of the time it actually useful to received as they usually confirm the date to return to the office so that we can change the ticket date on hold for longer or shorter duration. So we add another node to put the ticket on hold after "autoreply" emails came through. it still have hit and miss process but It works :)

Aaron :ph34r:

Hi All

I am trying to build a BPM that also does the same - can I check what nodes you are using in this process please - would it be just a 'Suspend - Wait for Request Update' node only? Below is the node setup - I have tested sending in an update to a request on hold, but this didnt appear to take it off hold? I had to wait for the test 20 minutes to expire then the request came back to life!

Thanks

OnHold.PNG.99efa3b4cc09d027204c2552e52e7eca.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

If you havn't done already, the way to automatically trigger a request coming off hold from a customer update is to incorporate Sub Statuses into requests, as opposed to using "Suspend Wait for..." nodes to wait for a customer response (which looks like what @Adrian Simpkins is doing)
As per Adrians screenshot, you can still place the call on hold automatically (whilst setting the substatus). Then Hornbill can be configured so that whenever a Customer Update (portal or email) comes in, the ticket will automatically come Off Hold and to a status/sub status of your choosing. 

A couple of key things to check to set this up (or if its not working)

1) The system settings - we have a couple of application Settings that need to be switched on to allow this:
image.png

2) In your Service configuration, ensure you have enabled the toggle for the "On Hold" sub status(es) that you would like to automatically come off hold (this can also be done at the Global Sub Status level), and also selected the sub statuses that the ticket should be changed to once the ticket DOES come off hold - as per this screenshot:

image.png

Full information on the Substatuses can be found on the wiki: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Request_Sub-statuses

Kind Regards

Bob

image.png

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi

I am just picking up on this and was wondering if you can provide a snippet from an example please.  Struggling to take the ticket off-hold once an email is received, when the ticket is manually updated it comes off-hold. Should I not be using the suspend node?

image.thumb.png.2a6854ec9623a9f590a205a2ef145d0c.png

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,

Salma