Zendesk API Custom Button

Hello, I have created a custom button which automatically logs a ticket in Zendesk. How do i get Zendesk to pass back the Ticket ID and updates into my Hornbill ticket?

also, i cant seem to fin d the value how i can add the last comment or attachment from one system to the other?

image.png.2bf819a243aad544352425320067ed6c.png

Any suggestions or advise as this is my first custom button that i have created. 

Hi @David Longley,

The custom button functionality can only write its output to a popup on the screen and/or in to a message in the request timeline. It can't actually write in to fields within the request itself for further automations to use I'm afraid - you can only do that with the BPM workflows currently.

But! There is functionality on its way that will allow you to do this - as part of the ITOM release that Gerry spoke about at Insights, so watch this space :) 

Cheers,

Steve

Hi @David Longley,

Re ITOM availability, you may want to follow this post :) 

Re attachments, no this isn't possible currently, as there's no method to pull the files together in the BPM to send to a Zendesk integration node. I reckon it could be done easily enough with a Powershell script though, so may be another job for ITOM...

Cheers,

Steve