Impact & Probability for problem tickets

mikehibbert

Relatively new to Hornbill so go easy on me!

I'd like to set up the functionality to record the impact and probability of a problem ticket in Hornbill, but can't figure out a way of doing it. If these could be numerical values that I could also perform calculations from for reports that would be even better!

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

@mikehibbert there is certainly functionality there to help you with Impact if not probability. 

In the admin console > Service Manager > Configuration > Assessments you can set up Impact assessment matrixes (as many as you want)

Wiki reference: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Manager_Business_Process_Workflow

* Against each assessment you can specify your desired questions and the possible answers 

* Each answer can be attributed a numerical value 

* You can then set up the thresholds for each of you desired impacts - i.e if the total value of all answers to all questions is below 10 then impact = x, or if between 11  - 20 then impact = y

image.png

As i say you can define as many of these impact assessments as you need. 

You can then invoke the required assessments in your problem business process using the Service Manager > Entity > Requests > Assessment  > Impact node

image.png

This will present the impact assessment at the appropriate point in your process.

You can even follow it with a Service Manager > Entity > Requests > Suspend > Await Assessment node - which can pause the process awaiting the assessment being completed - you can then make decisions on the direction of the process, based on the calculated impact from the assessment questions / answer matrix.

image.png

I Hope this goes someway to showing you what you can do 

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

I now have access! I've created an assessment, but it looks like the "Impact Level" is calculated by summing the value of the answers to the questions. Is it possible to choose to multiply values instead?

In essence, I'm trying to get your traditional impact vs. probability matrix calculation into Hornbill.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/7/2019 at 2:13 PM, mikehibbert said:

I now have access! I've created an assessment, but it looks like the "Impact Level" is calculated by summing the value of the answers to the questions. Is it possible to choose to multiply values instead?

In essence, I'm trying to get your traditional impact vs. probability matrix calculation into Hornbill.

Would this be possible?

• 4 weeks later...

+1 on multiply.

Also @Steven Boardman is there any way to view/present the actual numeric value calculated? For context, if you have say 50 medium impacts with a range of between 30 and 70 it would be nice to know which of these are close to the 70 mark (almost a high impact) and which are close to the 30 mark (almost a low impact). 

@TSheward_SGW I have asked for the actual impact score to be returned as an output param on the Requests > Assessment > Impact business process function.

Once this is added, it will appear under Outcome in the output params, and will mean you can take this value and add it to a custom field on the request (using an update request > custom fields) and using the variable picket to inject this new output param into a custom field.  

image.png

This work needs to be scheduled, done and included in a Service Manager update, so please keep an eye out for the release notes on future Service Manager updates.  

• Like 1

@mikehibbert  @Carl Tovey unfortunately it is not possible for you to change the way the assessment functionality works i am afraid.  

I can see what you are looking to do, and possibly as an alternative approach you might want to look at something like this

1. Add a task which has custom questions for your assessment action - use these to reflect your Impact and Probability levels  (Instead of the assessment matrix)

2. Add those task question values to custom fields on your request 

3. Use the multiply option in another custom field to calculate the Risk Value - i.e Multiple value in custom field A by value in custom field b to give you a value in custom field C

I have added a very basic example of this simple asking two questions in a task and then adding these to custom fields, and then performing a calculation to give me a risk value. 

calculation.bpm.txt

You could of course have multiple questions in your task, and have these written to fields where you first add the values to say give you a total impact number, and then do the same for probability and then perform the multiplication of the two total values in another custom field

It is a workaround of course, but i wanted to come back with something if the assessments in their current guise are not working for you.

@Steven Boardman

Hi Steve I hope you maybe able to shed some light on my setup I am trying to setup the assessment.

My problem process worked fine until I added the following tasks -  The manual task is to remind people they have to complete the assessment. I get the error below

image.png.c0f128955bd618cd1ddf6dbe03b9838f.png

image.png.f55ff259ed8e73a4d6bfaf136ee1f9e4.png

I suspect it is the human task causing issues? Can you spot anything. I am never really sure what I am mean to put in the user or Assign to sections? I think maybe the assign to is incorrect but what should it be as the task needs to be visible to whoever has picked up the call and assigned it to themselves?

image.thumb.png.2d38c73ada2d8b4203e3b26f757972fe.png

thanks

lee