Allowing Service Manager users update Users

John C

Hello,

I am wondering if you could introduce a role that allows my Service Manager users to actually manage basic users (change password etc) without giving them service desk admin role?

We are new to Hornbill and I don't want to give my team service desk admin yet in case someone changes some of the config, but allowing them manage basic users would be very handy. Thanks

image.png.6a9f3c86704a515d19478a0334ad3275.png

Hi John

I believe a solution would be to create a new Service Desk role that has a combination of the Analysts current role / access rights within Hornbill, and then add the function to allow password reset for a basic User. Then once created assign this new role to the Analysts requiring the additional function. All done under the System / Organisational Data / Roles area on Admin.

I wanted to check though when you say Basic Users you do mean Analysts resetting a basic users password to the portal?

Many thanks

43 minutes ago, Adrian Simpkins said:

Hi John

I believe a solution would be to create a new Service Desk role that has a combination of the Analysts current role / access rights within Hornbill, and then add the function to allow password reset for a basic User. Then once created assign this new role to the Analysts requiring the additional function. All done under the System / Organisational Data / Roles area on Admin.

I wanted to check though when you say Basic Users you do mean Analysts resetting a basic users password to the portal?

Many thanks

Yes Adrian, that is correct re your last comment, I spoke with Bob from Hornbill yesterday and he told me that this type of role does not exist and it would be good to mention it on the forum.

Thanks again