Please can I request a Google Docs integration call to be added to the list of Hornbill Integrations.

We would like the ability to create documents from requests passing fields inc custom fields, I am more than happy to discuss further if required.

Hi @Jeremy,

I've created a Google Docs integration that allows you to create new documents, passing information from the source entity. It has 2 mandatory inputs, Title (single line text entry, sets the name of the document) and Content (multi-line text entry, sets the body of the document), both support the injection of parameters output from previous nodes.

image.png 

Unfortunately, the Google Docs APIs don't support inline styling or HTML tags, and styling text in general is an absolute nightmare, so the content of the document will be plain text (newlines are supported). If this is a major problem, let me know and I'll see if there's anything I can do, but it certainly won't be a quick change I'm afraid :( 

Let me know how you get on with this integration.

Cheers,

Steve

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hi @Jeremy,

As far as I remember, this was overly complicated using the Docs APIs. The API doesn't support inline formatting when adding text (so no HTML or wiki markup tags), so you need to perform a seperate API call to update the text styles for each specific character range that you want to update. This means you'd need to know at what character (in UTF-16 code units) the start and end points are that you want to format between... I'll have another look at this when I get chance though, and let you know either way.

Cheers,

Steve

@Steve G I am also having issues in sharing the file that was created with the others via the Google Share File integration call, it doesn't seem to like the referencing the document id from the creation call if that makes sense?

I have also tried to put the URL into a custom field which works on the timeline but again the integration call doesn't like referencing it and fails.