HORNBILL INSIGHTS 20 – CUSTOMER ROUNDTABLE, MARYLEBONE

Customer Roundtable  

14 members have voted

1. 1. If you would like to join in the discussions, please could you kindly indicate which date(s)/ time slot(s) you would be able to attend

• Wednesday 17th July, 15:00 – 17:00
    • Wednesday 17th July, 17:00 – 19:00
    • Thursday 18th July, 15:00 – 17:00
    • Thursday 18th July, 17:00 – 19:00
    • Thursday 25th July, 15:00 – 17:00
    • Thursday 25th July, 17:00 – 19:00
    • Would like to participate but none of the above dates work for me

This poll is closed to new votes

@Patrick Bolger mentioned at Insights19 that he'd like to canvass our customers to find out which service management topics you would like to hear more about. We have an enormous wealth of knowledge and experience within the Hornbill Community, which can be shared to benefit everyone.

Although there’s plenty of decent service management content available online, much of it tends to be focused on strategy and blue-sky thinking. We’d like to address this, by understanding the topics that you, as practitioners, want more help with. For example, Marc Littlefair’s engaging session at Insights - “Stop fearing automation, start driving it” – could be turned into a Smart Guide , which would be incredibly useful.

Do you have a list of topics that you’d like more help with? Perhaps you have knowledge to share that will help others.

Possibly the best way to get this underway is to physically meet up to discuss potential topics and formats. To keep things simple, We’ve proposed a few dates where we can meet up in London and get the ball rolling. If there’s enough interest, we can look at other dates and locations for customers who can’t easily make it to a London event. 

The Roundtable will take part at a pub in Marylebone. We will confirm the exact venue once the date has been decided. We will of course be providing some snacks and drinks to help get those creative juices flowing! Let’s make IT happen!

• Like 1

Folks, I’m keen to get your thoughts on the types of practitioner-focused content that you would like to see us producing. We can easily create content that we ‘think’ would be useful, but it would be far better to get your input first, so that we can prioritise the stuff that would be most useful to you as practitioners.

I thought that the best way to kick this off was to have an informal chat, over drinks and snacks in a pub, so we posted a few dates in July to gauge interest. The post has only been up for one day, but at the time of writing, we have only had one person who responded.

Now, perhaps this is because you can’t take time away from work, especially so soon after Insights. However, we have provided some evening timeslots, which shouldn’t impact your working day. It could be a timing issue, as it’s holiday season, or it could be that you’d simply prefer us to just churn out content that ‘might’ be useful. Perhaps the format is wrong, and instead of a physical meet up, we should just canvass the entire community online.

Personally, I think it would be better to have some free-flowing dialogue first, then armed with the output of our meeting, go back to the community with a list of proposed content and ask whether there’s anything else that people would like to add. If I’ve got this wrong, and people don't want (or are unable) to meet for a couple of hours this month, please let me know and we can happily try a different route.

Folks,

It looks like Thursday, July 25th is the favourite option so far. We're split fairly evenly between the two time slots of 15:00-17:00 and 17:00-19:00. I'll have a chat with the team and will get their thoughts before we make a final call on the time. Once we have, we'll let you know and by then, hopefully we'll have tempted few more people to join us. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...