Images not Visible in Service Portal to Basic Users

Michael Sharp

Hi,

I spoke to Dan about this issue at the Hornbill Insights workshop and he suggested I post this on the forum as appears to be a permissions bug.  We have an issue whereby paid-for users are able to see images in the Service portal FAQs however basic users only see a black box with a white cross in. 

The images have been uploaded/embedded when creating the FAQ.  This is also apparent on all browsers/endpoints.

We want to go live with the portal on the 4th July and without this function in place, is a complete non-starter.  Please can you help?

Thanks,

Mike.

On 6/24/2019 at 3:57 AM, James Ainsworth said:

Hi Michael,

This is a known issue and a fix has already been completed which will be included in the next Service Manager update.  

Hi @James Ainsworth, I'm fairly desperate to have this available by 4th July.  Will the release be available by this time?

Regards,

Mike.

Hi Michael,

It is possible that you will have this by the 4th.  This will depend on how successful our testing goes over the next few days.  I'm afraid I can't promise, but there is a good chance that the update will be available through next week provided no issues are found.

Regards,

James

• 7 months later...

Hi Paul,

The fix for the reported issue above was released in Service Manager build 1547 which was available mid July, last year.  Maybe @Michael Sharp could confirm if the fix worked for him.  If so, it maybe a different issue that you are experiencing.  It mentions that this was only an issue with Basic Users and not Collaboration Users.  Let us know if there is any other information you can provide around your issue.  

This has been confirmed as a new defect PM00161298.  It is actually different to the previous image related issue reported last year.  That was due to an issue with the image url and has now been fixed for some time.  The new issue is due to the rights check to make sure the user can view the images when the FAQ is accessed is failing to identify basic users correctly.

• 3 weeks later...