Raw / Display Name options not shown in tasks

Dan Munns

Hi, 

When selecting a dynamic list in the task capture and then updating custom fields (or any details) with the list item selected, you do not get the option to use Raw / Display data and it defaults to Raw. 

Could this be added in so that it behaves like the PC lists and gives the option when injecting a variable?

Thanks,

Dan

• Like 1

@Miro yep, so this is my setup:

Analyst completes a task and has to capture a SixSigma Green Belt they want to email some data to,
They select the Green Belt within the task capture and the data for the Green Belts is held in a simple list.
The list is configured to use the persons email address as the raw data but their full name as the display name.
I then use the raw data (mapped to a custom field) to send the email with the relevant data on and use the display name (also mapped to a custom field) to enter the name of the person into the email template and also to let the originator know which green belt they need to liaise with going forward. 

However, the last step in red doesnt work as I cant select which data (raw or display name) I want to push to the custom fields.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ehsan

@Dan Munns,

To help us understand this better, could you provide us with more details.

In a Human Task within a BPM, I presume you've tied a Capture Task Field to an outcome (i.e. Completed) which is mapped to a custom field, as per the example below? Which Field Type did you choose to allow you to select a Simple List?

image.png

@Ehsan apparently one that has been removed. 

Can this be reinstated ASAP as if they have been removed then it will break a large number of BPMs if this fails. 

image.png.eaf6f4f77c3f6e61f03e7de9862dda88.png

Also in the list I now have I dont seem to have the options you do. I am assuming that is because you are in the dev instance? 

image.png.92ceadb79f410740a93c9b667001d1a3.png

Guest Ehsan

@Dan Munns Interesting, I'll find out for you.

The only difference between mine and yours is that Group picker and User picker options have been renamed. This will perhaps be released with the next Administration Tool build.

Guest Ehsan

@Dan Munns,

We have identified the reason why those Dynamic options are missing. This will be addressed in the next Administration Tool build which is due to be deployed automatically tomorrow.

Guest Ehsan

@Dan Munns,

In relation to providing the ability to use Display Value and Raw Value for a Task Custom Field, I'll raise this with the team and we will get back to you.

Ehsan