Suspend - Await Feedback Node

Martyn Houghton

Can a new Suspend - Await Feedback option be added to the Suspend Node with Expiry.

Our aim is to have a post closure process which triggers after the feedback has been provided, to follow up negative feedback.

If it is possible if a variable or input can be used to get the Service Feedback Expiry period set in the service definition.

Cheers

Martyn

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Martyn Houghton,

The Auto option through the Business Process Engine checks whether a parameter by the same name is returned by a Hornbill Automation or Cloud Automation node within the stage. For example, if we had a Hornbill Automation node that returned a parameter called "expirePeriod", this value will be available throughout the stage and the Auto option for "Expire Period" would automatically pick this up. Of the top of my head, there is no Hornbill Automation node that would return a parameter called "expirePeriod", hence in this case, the option will be ignored.

@Martyn Houghton The Node will not expire based on "Expire Period", as there isn't a value set. With this particular Suspend operation, if a Feedback is not submitted and the "Feedback Expiry (in Days)" is reached, then the Feedback status against the Request will be set to 2 (i.e. Feedback expired), so the BPM will progress.

@Ehsan

It looks like I will have to hard coded it for the moment, else the suspend node will never expire and the BPM will never complete.

I have raised separate posts to allow setting the expiry period as a variable and also access to the feedback expiry via the Get Request Information -> Service Details, so this could be set dynamically to the setting in the service record.

Cheers

Martyn