Activity assigned to a call - how to identify who set it up & remove it

Adrian Simpkins

Hi

We have an activity that has been set against one of our Service / Catalog items for both incidents and service reqeusts. When I have checked the BPM's associated to these catalog items, there is no node to set this activity / task so I presume it must be set somewhere to trigger against these catalog items. However, I am unsure where I can find details of this activity and who set it up. This activity appears to be triggering on every Incident and Service Request under this Service / Catalog (I have 6219 historical items of this activity against all SR's / Incidents raised since the instance begun in 2017).

I have Activity Template Manager as a role, and have checked on My Activities, then under Manage Templates but I can not see anything here that relates to this activity. So I wanted to check is there somewhere else I would look to amend this activity at all ? Or will this only appear for whoever set it up under their own logon?

Many thanks

Hi Adrian,

As far as I'm aware, if activities are being automatically added to these requests, this will have been done using the BPM.  It is possible that this activity has since been removed from the BPM but requests that are still active, will be using a previous version of the BPM which may include this activity. 

If you were to raise a new request now, does it still include this activity? 

Regards,

James

Hi James

I will check and see if this acivity is appearing on any new requests raised today and let you know - from a quick lookover the BPM I could not see any node with this activity within it but will recheck this and confirm both as soon as possible

Thank you

Hi James

It looks like this is a historic activity, and is not appearing on current requests so I think you are correct in that someone changed a script at some point in the past!

So thank you for the pointer, and thank  you for the advice as always !

Many thanks

• Like 1