Who is logging a request in the application?

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Hello

Is there a way of finding out who the person is who is  logging a request (in Live rather than on a portal....so an analyst rather than a customer) and which team they're in? 

The reason I'm asking is that we now have a few different teams logging requests and each team has different needs as to what information they might need on a request. 

For instance, our first line IT analysts often get calls from mobile technicians and the information needed for these calls will include name, location, contact phone number, an idea of what the problem is (and, obviously, which Service the call relates to). 

The HR team also log requests, but the only information they need is name and a brief description (and the Service). 

We can only set one 'default' progressive capture, and I can't see a way in there of branching off depending on who is logging the request....it would be handy to be able to use a slightly different form for each team. 

I do understand that each Catalog Item has it's own Progressive Capture but this won't kick in until after the Service has been selected - which is something we do after the 'initial' summary and description form is filled in, and it's this initial form that I'd like to be able to 'branch' into depending on who is logging the request)

thanks