Email not updating a ticket

samwoo

Hello,

When a user responds to an email sent within that ticket, that ticket gets updated with the email from the user.

However... we have 1 user where this process isn't working at all.

I've had a look at the EspMailService log and i can see the following:

AutoResponder request failed to process, forwarding to [Inbox] mailbox folder. Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/arOperation:updateRequest] FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/flowcode/fc_ar/updateRequest): nodeName: Exception; nodeId: 80ce050f-0394-4533-ac80-2d85c69be317; 
At 322/1: "Uncaught FCSException: ERROR(012)"
	throw(e);
_fc_node_exec_80ce050f_0394_4533_ac80_2d85c69be317

I have checked the following things are ok:

- User has valid Email Address - check
- User Type is set to Basic - check
- User has Basic User Role and Self Service User - check
- Email contains the correct Request Ref - check
- The same routing rule works for other tickets - check

There doesn't appear to be anything indifferent with this user responding to those emails,... but every time her she does respond, her email never gets applied to the ticket... but for everyone else it does.

Can someone advise?

Thanks,

Samuel

I'm going to guess that there is something unique in her email address or maybe a special character within the email that is causing a problem.  As you have a support plan with Hornbill it may be worth getting this raised directly with support.

Regards,

James

@samwoo - Have you checked our FAQ section? There is a guide detailing this type of issue and reasons why is happening... (link below). Most likely the reason is that you have more than one contact/co-worker having the sender address...

• Thanks 1