Subscribers by Catalog Item

Michael Sharp

21 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your post.

Have a look at this wiki page.  I believe that this will provide what you are looking for. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

James

HI James, exactly what I was after thanks but I don't appear to have the subscribers button on my catalog item configuration?

image.png.90b903449a22826153000c6210ca6a25.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 4:34 PM, James Ainsworth said:

Hi Michael,

This option isn't available when the Service is set to be subscribed to all customers.  It uses your existing list of subscriptions to work with so you will have to add your subscriptions into the list.

Hi @James Ainsworth, this seems a limitation?  Is there scope to develop this otherwise?

Regards,

Mike.

2 hours ago, Steve Giller said:

@Michael Sharp You can simply create a Team that contains all customers, then subscribe that team to the Service.
Then, although all customers have access, it's technically not "available to everyone" and the Manage Catalog Visibility icon is available.

Hi @Steve Giller, I don't really want to have the overhead of managing this new team with our leavers and starters?

Regards,

Mike.

Hi Mike,

You can now have subscriptions cascaded down the organisation structure.  Information on this can be found here.

Provided that you have configured your org structure and that you have user imports automatically adding users to their appropriate groups, you can simply add the top level organisation group to the subscription, and then everyone on the company will be subscribed to the service.  This way you wont have to maintain a team containing all the users.  

Once this is in place, you can then add those individuals that you wish to limit the Request Catalog Item to.

Hope that helps,

James

On 6/17/2019 at 3:45 PM, James Ainsworth said:

Hi Mike,

You can now have subscriptions cascaded down the organisation structure.  Information on this can be found here.

Provided that you have configured your org structure and that you have user imports automatically adding users to their appropriate groups, you can simply add the top level organisation group to the subscription, and then everyone on the company will be subscribed to the service.  This way you wont have to maintain a team containing all the users.  

Once this is in place, you can then add those individuals that you wish to limit the Request Catalog Item to.

Hope that helps,

James

Absolutely perfect thanks @James Ainsworth however I don't appear to be able to add a new parent to an existing department?

Hi Mike,

Yes, at the moment the ID of a group item is made up by its location within the organisation tree.  If you change the parent of a group item, such as a department, then the ID of that department would change.  If you had two company branches, each branch may have an IT Department so the ID structure based on its location in the tree helps identify where a group sits.

It might be that the org structure needs some planning from the top down in order to get a solid hierarchical structure built and then look to move or add the users to this new structure.