FAQ/Knowledgebase Utilisation

Jeremy

This may have been asked for before....

So we want to use the knowledge base features in Service Manager more extensively, for example when raising a new request can the FAQ 'solutions'  be active so that we can select the solution and this resolves the request to the customer with the given information?

image.png.4b88429a4ce1e8fa6bb6f482a50b869b.png

Currently, the options image.png.c77487c20e7f40f3ce418eb27f08ca97.png are not working as designed as we can type in specific titles that match FAQ's exactly and they do not appear and if they do appear they are correct. Also when you get to the option of choosing a service these icons disappear, rather than showing you the service-specific FAQ's

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Interested in this also.

We have an extensive range of Known Error records and FAQs but I do not think these are being fully utilised due tot he fact they're only presented to the analyst during progress capture, not after the incident/request has been logged. 

Could we have an update on Knowledge Centre development in general please?

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2019 at 2:56 PM, dwalby said:

Could we have an update on Knowledge Centre development in general please?

Agree - this query crops up from time to time "we can present help/links with solutions" to customers  when they are logging the requests on the portal.

Nasim

On 5/23/2019 at 4:57 PM, Jeremy said:

we can type in specific titles that match FAQ's exactly and they do not appear and if they do appear they are correct.

@Jeremy, I'm not entirely clear on this particular issue that you're experiencing. I have an FAQ with the title "How to print using only the colour cartridge?". If I type in "print" or "colour" or "colour cartridge" in the Summary box while raising a new Request, the FAQ icon is activated and I can drill into the FAQ by clicking into it.

On 5/23/2019 at 4:57 PM, Jeremy said:

when you get to the option of choosing a service these icons disappear, rather than showing you the service-specific FAQ's

You currently cannot drill into a Service's FAQs through the Knowledge Base but I can see how this would be useful. I will feed this back to the team. 

The Knowledge Base engine gathers information while the Analyst progressively provides/inputs information through various forms. This includes, FAQs, Services and Requests that may relate to the information provided. Once the Request is raised, the existing FAQs are already shown in the Solutions tab as you've demonstrated. If the FAQ of another Service is relevant to the resolution of a Request, then isn't it perhaps the case that the Request is either raised against the wrong Service or the FAQ is generic hence it should be associated to a library as a document in the Document Manager? You can then search and associate the Document to the Request.

image.png