Unable to see Requests when using Customer Portal search

Hi,

I have seen the following video on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIK_hEJ6NQ8) and I'm trying to get the search on our Customer Portal to show 'Requests' as well as 'Services' & 'Catalogs' .  Our customers have asked why can they not put in a request number/reference into the search and it find their request.  This is really frustrating them.  I have also tried searching for words in the Summary or Description but no luck.

Any advice please?  I thought it may have been a configuration setting somewhere to allow requests to also show in search results, but I struggled to find anything.

Many thanks

Steve. 

Guest Chaz

@Steven Cotterell the search definitely supports Request IDs as a search term but we've seen there are some inconsistencies. I see you have the latest Service Manager build already installed which is great, it has one fix that will help but a bigger change is coming in a platform fix, so it would be worth trying again when you see an ESP build > 3048 and letting us know if it's any better.

Hi @Chaz, is there any specific way they can search for requests?  IN*123, or IN00000123, or 123, or *123 ??  Neither of these ways works.  I've even tried getting them to search for words that are in the Summary or Description fields of the request, to no avail.  How would you expect it to work?

Many thanks,

Steve.

@Chaz, I have determined through some testing that the search only works for requests that the portal user (the contact) has raised themselves.  They cannot see in the search any other requests raised by other people in their organisation.  I appreciate that they can see all requests raised by their organisation in the request list if they select the drop-down to do this, but we expected the search to work (and so did they) for all their organisations requests.  I will send out some 'education' about this.

Is this something that can be developed into a future version?

Cheers

Steve.

Guest Chaz

@Steven Cotterell that's right, the search will only look at Requests where you are the customer... No promises, but I'll have a chat with the team and see if there's something we can do here.