Advice required

Not sure if this is the correct platform for this one.

Does anyone use Service Manager to inform their customers when business systems are due to be down i.e. scheduled maintenance.

We have so many different forms of communications our end emails usually get ignored/missed etc so not sure if we can incorporate anything within Service Manager.

Any thoughts anyone?

Regards

Sxx

3 hours ago, Shamaila.Yousaf said:

Not sure if this is the correct platform for this one.

Hi Shamaila,

Most definitely, this is the correct platform to post your question.  I was going to start with the Bulletin suggestion, but beaten to it by Jeremy :)

3 hours ago, Shamaila.Yousaf said:

We have so many different forms of communications

The thing to keep in mind with bulletins is that the user has to go there to know about it so you may need to take a multi pronged approach and include email or some other notification type. SMS?  Twitter?  You mention that you have "so many different forms of communication", is there a particular app or tool that your users commonly use where integration with Hornbill could be considered?

• Thanks 1

Thanks @James Ainsworth & @Steven Boardman  for the useful information.

Outlook seems to be widely used, so guess we could include this as our notification type also. 

I like the fact that we can apply a bulletin to a particular service as well as the bulletin appearing when its valid and then disappears automatically. Saves time on manual work!

I'm looking forwards to us having this feature used regularly...a win win for us and our users!

Thanks guys!

@Shamaila.Yousaf there are a couple of things which govern this. 

First all of a Service Owner needs the Services Manager role in order to create, amend services etc. 

Beyond this, visibility of the service and it's attributes is governed by both members of the services supporting teams, and also if the service is marked as open or private. 

This is all covered here on the wiki, under the Access section.  

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Details

If users can't see the Services List they may still be able access services they support via the service name on a request form. 

Hope that helps