Action on 'Wait for request owner' expiry

dwalby

Hi all,

As per the below screenshot, I'm trying to send an escalation e-mail to the Service Desk team specifically for when a New starter request has not yet been picked up by an analyst. To do this, I've added a Wait for request owner node with an expiry (of 5 minutes for testing purposes), followed by a decision to e-mail using a gotoif failure, or continue on no match, but it errors at the point the Wait for request owner expires.

image.thumb.png.6a8e9d52ea1bc3b616061d2916059740.png

I was expecting there to be an expired option in the drop-down below, but it doesn't appear. (It does appear if using the Wait for status change node however)

image.png.b0af5ab048d02bc0b020421cb34f297c.png

Am I missing something here or is there an alternative approach to this?

I believe escalation may be possible via SLA triggers etc, but we use global SLAs for all services which if I understand correctly wouldn't therefore suit the use of a bespoke e-mail to inform the service desk that a new starter request requires attention.

I hope I've made sense here :blink:

Thanks in advance

Guest Ehsan

Hi @dwalby,

You can use Custom Expression to determine whether or not the stage has expired.

image.png

Within the Custom Expression, you can add a check on Stage Expired variable that is returned by the Automated Task.

image.png

There is a documentation on Custom Expression in the link below.

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Custom_Expression_Builder

Hope this helps.

Ehsan