Resolve Timer on a reopened call

Hi

I was hoping someone could clarify some details around the Resolve TImer please.

Currently we have the resolve timer set to end once a resolution is found, and then we have the 2 stage closure process with a suspend node etc after this. I wanted to clarify if we can reinsert the resolve timer if a Customer reopens the call, or can the timer only be started / stopped once in a BPM? The reason I ask is we would like to setup a separate SLA for reopened requests and apply this just to any calls marked as reopened ? If we can do this would the timer start from fresh or would it resume to the point it had got to when it was stopped ?

Many thanks

@Adrian Simpkins

From our experience once you set the resolution timers to stopped it is not possible to restart and if you do reopen the request the timer is reset along with the SAL flags.

In theory you can set the status to resolved in the BPM without stopping the timer, but the way we have done it, is have a two stage closure process where we put it on hold pending confirmation of resolution setting a specific sub status and then an activity to confirm resolution. 

Cheers

Martyn

Hi H

Thanks for the above - Martyn are you able to comment further please as H has had a response previously advising the timer would not restart on a reopened call that has had the timer stopped prior to Resolving

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Any update on this please? Just need clarification over how the timers / SLA's function when a request is reopened as part of the 5 day auto closure process - Martyn confirmed he thought the timers restart when a call is reopened, however H has had previous confirmation that these items do not restart when a call is reopened.

So ideally just need confirmation either way please

Many thanks

Hi @Adrian Simpkins

Unfortunately at present, if you have marked a resolution timer in the BPM, then it cannot be restarted even if you reopen the request. 

I think what @Martyn Houghton is saying is that he is not actually marking the Resolution timer in the BPM until the analysts are absolutely sure that it’s resolved the issue. Instead, he is placing the call On Hold instead (which effectively is pausing the Resolution timer, but NOT marking it)

I hope this explains the current way it works,

Kind Regards

Bob Dickinson

@Bob Dickinson@Adrian Simpkins

12 hours ago, Bob Dickinson said:

I think what @Martyn Houghton is saying is that he is not actually marking the Resolution timer in the BPM until the analysts are absolutely sure that it’s resolved the issue. Instead, he is placing the call On Hold instead (which effectively is pausing the Resolution timer, but NOT marking it)

That's correct, we have a 'On-Hold' Sub Status of 'Confirm Resolution' which we then set an activity to the analyst to confirm the issue has indeed been resolved and the customer has confirmed. There are two outcomes on the activity. If it is confirmed we proceed with taking with the resolution/resolve steps, i.e. stopping the timer, and the other which then take it off-hold and passes it back in the workflow process for the analyst to work on further.

Cheers

Martyn

40 minutes ago, Martyn Houghton said:

we proceed with taking with the resolution/resolve steps, i.e. stopping the timer, and the other which then take it off-hold and passes it back in the workflow process for the analyst to work on further

@Martyn Houghton @Adrian Simpkins - just make sure the timer is stopped after the request is taken off hold otherwise the on hold time will not be accounted for.

• 3 weeks later...