External emails not updating calls

Good Morning,

Is there something I need to enable to allow emails from external 'contacts' to update a call?

I have added the email address into our contacts list and can successfully send an email to them from a ticket, however when the external email responds with the ticket number in the subject line, it does not update the call.

I feel I am missing something simple.

Many Thanks

Hi @Steve Giller

Thanks for the speedy response.

Not for this particular type of call.  I have added a hotmail account to test one of our new business processes.   I can successfully send an email to the hotmail account and can reply back (now we have enabled the mailbox to receive external emails), but the email simply goes into the Inbox of the call.  Do I need to add a routing rule to get the call updated?

On a side note to this, I have created an email routing rule and an email routing template and linked it to the correct catalog.

image.png.b065ce9a82961fcdc0f41ad899dc746e.png

image.png.efeaeff85206ceaeff37a530d167a8d4.png

I have also enabled the email routing rule for unknown users, even though the user is listed as a contact in our instance of Service Managerimage.png.d8816989e9e84bfbfc544eeccacbc019.png

The emails are now arriving in Deleted items, but not updating the call.

I therefore changed the Operation to updateRequestNumbersReference, however I am currently unable to locate the responding email in the Inbox or Deleted items.  Am I possibly missing something?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Ann-Marie