Custom Button Error - cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Hello

We're getting an intermittent error when analysts are logging requests - sometimes (can't see a pattern yet) when the call has been logged, they're getting the error 'Custom Button Error - cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined'

I've had a quick look through the custom buttons that we have set up, but can't see anything obvious. Any ideas please?

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Victor

The problem is, I don't know which custom button is causing the problem! I've deleted the last button I created, but analysts are still getting the error.....and I really don't want to delete all of the buttons (there's only a few, but it feels like a lot of work...especially on a Monday!!) 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @James Ainsworth

It just stopped being a problem.....I'm still not sure what happened, but I've left everything as it is and the error hasn't shown for a while now, so in answer to your question, YES it's sorted thanks ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @James Ainsworth

I've just had this exact same problem happen again (added a Custom Button to a Project) and then kept getting the 'cannot read property indexof of undefined' for about 20 minutes, then it suddenly just started working.

I didn't do anything to try to fix it (except keep clicking it in frustration!!) so I have no idea what happened.

I realise all of this is less than helpful, but thought i'd let you know!

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @James Ainsworth and @Victor

We're all getting this 'custom button' error again every time we open a project. 

We've got a few custom buttons set up now, so we have no idea which one is causing the problem! Any thoughts please?