Assign Human Task to Team

Logan Graham

Hello all,

Hoping you can help me as I am struggling to get my head around something that has come up in my teams. 

We currently have a human task in our BP's where if a member of the IT support team cannot complete the job they hit "no" and it goes to a escalation board. I then assign this to a member of our IT Technical team (shortly followed by a grumble from them) and they then get the same human task. The problem I am finding is that task is not assigning to the technical team and they are unable to complete it and are having to manually resolve the ticket rather than following the tasks. The task is actually staying assigned to the IT support team which they are not a member of.

I have looked at the human task which looks like the "can analyst resolve" image attached. Now I could be wrong but i thought the variable that is in place in this should get what team it is currently assigned to?

I have also attached an image of the flow of the BPM for this. 

I would like it to possibly before the task is created allow for all teams to be able answer it at any point as some tickets with go straight to the tech team but they follow the same process. So maybe something like "IT support or IT Technical support" can complete the task?

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks,

Logan G

can analyst resolve.PNG

Assign to new analyst.PNG

4 minutes ago, Logan Graham said:

i thought the variable that is in place in this should get what team it is currently assigned to?

Yes, that variable says the task will be assigned to the team that the request is assigned to at that point. However, the variable is not correct, you need to use this variable: 

image.png

7 minutes ago, Logan Graham said:

I would like it to possibly before the task is created allow for all teams to be able answer it at any point as some tickets with go straight to the tech team but they follow the same process. So maybe something like "IT support or IT Technical support" can complete the task?

Didn't quite get it...  some examples maybe? :)

8 minutes ago, Logan Graham said:

shortly followed by a grumble from them

This can be addressed as well. Not in Hornbill though... :P 

• Thanks 1

thanks for the fast response @Victor Thought it might be something simple. I think you answered what I asked in the second part with putting it to teamID as the ticket gets assigned to that team anyway. I figured it was just a problem with the variable. 

I will give it a go and let you know.

Thanks again.

Hi @Victor I think I might of spoke too soon, I seemed to get this error when a ticket went through the round robin assignment rather than myself assigning it to a team member. If I assigned it manually it was fine and worked as it should. If I waited a minute for the round robin to kick in it threw up this error straight away.

Error on IN00054432.PNG

• 2 years later...

Hello,

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I am facing the same problem today:

image.thumb.png.b6ceafda29b7ef63b0500f182deb9a51.png

Here is that part of the BPM

image.thumb.png.24e6a4bb577aadb29515e795bfe1b680.png

As you can see, I have gotten the Get Request Information -> Team Details after the Assign to Service Team, then where the Human Task generates (highlighted red) I am using the Team (For Tasks) variable in the assign to field
image.png.14ebd5190fc2e712ed4f7bd3cf5f47fe.png

Yet the errors are happening.

I'm not sure when this issue started, but I have almost 3 to 4 pages spanning back to last week in the Failed BPM area where the Customer doesn't have a Customer set...

I now need to go through each of these BPMs manually and set the Human Task to assign to the Team that has the tickets currently.  

Is this a defect? If so, please can this be looked at asap as a lot of our Catalogs uses Generic BPMs and pulls the Service Team (the first team assigned to the Service).

Thanks,

Samuel

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 10:52 PM, samwoo said:

Hello,

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I am facing the same problem today:

image.thumb.png.b6ceafda29b7ef63b0500f182deb9a51.png

Here is that part of the BPM

image.thumb.png.24e6a4bb577aadb29515e795bfe1b680.png

As you can see, I have gotten the Get Request Information -> Team Details after the Assign to Service Team, then where the Human Task generates (highlighted red) I am using the Team (For Tasks) variable in the assign to field
image.png.14ebd5190fc2e712ed4f7bd3cf5f47fe.png

Yet the errors are happening.

I'm not sure when this issue started, but I have almost 3 to 4 pages spanning back to last week in the Failed BPM area where the Customer doesn't have a Customer set...

I now need to go through each of these BPMs manually and set the Human Task to assign to the Team that has the tickets currently.  

Is this a defect? If so, please can this be looked at asap as a lot of our Catalogs uses Generic BPMs and pulls the Service Team (the first team assigned to the Service).

Thanks,

Samuel

Any thoughts on this one?  I am having to manually go into the BPM Instance and set to the task to Assign to Group and assign it to the team that's got the request currently whenever this occurs.

@samwoo it seems the issue is with Get Request Information -> Team Details node and using "&[global["flowcoderefs"]["getTeamInformation"]["teamId"]]" variable. This one does not return a correct value for the purpose of assigning the task to that team, hence the error. We are looking into this.

The workaround, for the time being would be, if possible, to use Get Request Information -> Request Details and then "&[global["flowcoderefs"]["resultRef"]["assignedTeamId"]]" variable as this one has the correct value needed for task assignment when the task is created by the workflow.

• Like 1