Email template field .H_datelogged is not populating

Hi

I have a total of 6 email templates as part of our normal workflow, and all are displaying the Variable data as expected apart from the intial Call Confirmation email template I have setup (layout below). I can not get the .H_datelogged filed to populate - this email is being called after the below steps are completed so I am unsure why it is not finding this data to populate - can anyone advise further please?

1632835569_RequestConfirmation.PNG.5e42ab2ef35895c88b9ea4cc43486e03.PNG

164719508_RequestConfirmation2.thumb.PNG.8e9cad7554209e685d636f448417f6ac.PNG

Hmm...can't see anything obviously wrong with it unless the variable name is using some special characters which means the ESP engine cannot decipher what variable it is... May I ask you to raise a support request so we can continue our investigation (we would most likely need to access your instance and look at the template) : https://www.hornbill.com/support/

@Adrian Simpkins ok, so, as suspected is all to do with the formatting of that variable... Have a look at this line in the email template:

<div><strong><big><span style="font-size: 14px;">Logged at:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <span style="color: rgb(52, 152, 219);">{{.H_datelogged</span></span></big><font color="#3498db"><font size="3">}}</font></font></strong></div>

As you can see, in the template the variable name is split because of how the formatting was applied... It seems the last two curly brackets were formatted with different font colour and size that the rest of the variable name but this means the name of the variable is now broken... 

The line should look like this and one needs to ensure a variable name is kept whole for the variable to work as intended:

<div><strong><big><span style="font-size: 14px;">Logged at:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <span style="color: rgb(52, 152, 219);">{{.H_datelogged}}</span></span></big></strong></div>

If you are asking how you can see this information on the template, it can be accessed by looking at the "Source" of the template, like this:

image.png