Change customer using Business Process

SimonSheldon

We have several Progressive Captures for Self Service (internal customers) that all require the entry of the customer name and a cost centre - we often have requests logged on behalf of another user by a team manager or secretary.  I'd like to be able to change the customer in the service request once the BPM kicks in to reflect the "customer" entered in to the Progressive capture rather than the actual person logging via the portal... at the minute we have to do this manually within the analyst portal ..... I can't see anywhere where an automated task can update this field so presume its not possible but thought I'd ask.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

@SimonSheldon you are right, there is no automated task in BP configuration that would change the customer on a request. For teh time being it woudl have to be a manual exercise I'm afraid. However I wanted to as what is the reason for the request being raised by someone else? Is there any way to have all user access the portal and raise requests themselves? Just trying to understand the rationale behind this...

Thanks Victor... all users can access the portal and log calls themselves - the issue is that some of them don't want to and get a PA or secretary to raise it for them... this then causes issues with our authorisation process as the person logging the call via the portal will more than likely be in a different cost centre to the person who the request is actually for.

I've got our Pro Cap to ask who the request is for - the person logging or someone else - and the BPM then does certain things with the authorisation based on this response - but it would be good if it could actually change the customer as this would just simplify everything...

Cheers

Simon

@SimonSheldon - ok, I understand the rationale now. I won't be able to say if this will be implemented (this would be something that perhaps @James Ainsworth can advise if/how...)

However, meanwhile, perhaps we can make things slightly better (hopefully) in your current process. I am referring to this specifically:

1 hour ago, SimonSheldon said:

this then causes issues with our authorisation process as the person logging the call via the portal will more than likely be in a different cost centre to the person who the request is actually for

On top of my head, I don't see a problem in having the authorisation task assigned to the person that needs to be assigned to rather than the person who raised the request. So the request can be raised by the PA or the secretary and when it comes to the authorisation task, have the task assigned to the responsible person. Perhaps this way that person, who most likely wanted minimal interaction with that request, only action on things that they really need to action and leave everything else for the PA or secretary to progress? Just some thoughts... 

And there lies another issue - due to the large number of authorisers (100+!) we have we didn't buy licences for them to be able to authorise within the system - so we have a our own authorisation process as part of our BPM's that emails the cost centre manager - who then replies to this to authorise rather than authorising directly in the service portal.....

@SimonSheldon

1 minute ago, SimonSheldon said:

due to the large number of authorisers (100+!) we have we didn't buy licences for them to be able to authorise within the system

I trust you have discussed this with our Customer Success team? We have other customers who purchased collaboration licenses (that's all you need really and they are priced a lot lower than application licenses) for the purpose of authorisation, they are quite happy with this. If you haven't discussed this then I woudl really advise doing so, you might find that it would be a very good deal for the benefits it provides...

4 minutes ago, SimonSheldon said:

we have a our own authorisation process as part of our BPM's that emails the cost centre manager - who then replies to this to authorise rather than authorising directly in the service portal.....

If you have the authoriser license (which is basically a Collaboration license) then this will become quite simple. Otherwise, authorising via email would be a bit more difficult (to be honest not sure if even possible)...