Users unable to reopen a call in Resolved Status

Adrian Simpkins

Hi,

On our current live instance of Hornbill named MEHT, it appears that the Users have lost the function to reopen a call whilst it is in a Resolved status (normally shows the reopen option when selecting the Resolve button). I have looked through the settings as I thought it might just be something that has been turned off in error but could not locate it. Can anyone confirm if this funciton is a setting within Service Manager Settings, and if so which setting it would be please?

Many thanks

Hi Victor

The User(s) have the below roles allocated - they are advising me that this function seemed to be no longer available from about 6 months ago. Copy of their roles in below screenshot - the roles seem to match the expected from the webpage https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/What_Service_Manager_Roles_exist%3F

UserRoles.PNG.81faac870c683fd90c598379695dfaf5.PNG

Hi Victor,

Sorry forgot to attach the below - this is what the User is seeing on the Resolution tab.

One thing I have noted is that this instance has not had an update since January (build 1401) so I was not sure if this could be affecting it.

Thanks

1359833841_Reopenoption.PNG.26a97299746887435364ddaf68f128e6.PNG

UserRoles.PNG

@Adrian Simpkins unfortunately, the Service Request User and Incident Management User roles does not grant user rights to reopen requests... :( 

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Manager_Roles

You would need to either grant them Incident/Service Request Full Access role or create a custom role for this purpose. Mind you the full access role might give users more rights than one might want to...

Hi @Adrian Simpkins

Something that you may want to consider is building this into your BPM workflow on a request.  This way you wont need to adjust any of your rights or roles.  As part of a "Resolution Stage" you could have options after a request is either Resolved or Closed where you have a suspend operation that is waiting for some form of update to the request which will instigate the automatic re-opening of the request.  Possibly a task to for owner of the request to confirm with the customer that the resolution has worked.  Rather than just letting someone re-open a request for any old reason, you can provide more control with the circumstances that a request can be re-opened.  

It is common practice to only re-open requests that have been recently closed.  You could use an expiry so that after a few days the suspend node ends and that request can no longer be re-opened and a new request needs to be raised. 

Regards,

James

• Like 1

Hi Victor/James

Thanks for the update, I can only presume that previously the Users were granted this role as they are all adamant they could reopen requests! Unfortunately I was not involved in this instance until recently, and I don't think anything has been documented as to the changes made to roles / settings etc !

I will let them know it is only something the Manager of the team should have, or I will look to create a specific role.

As an aside I already have plans in place to update their scripts to flow as suggested by you James, thank you for the pointer !

Many thanks

• 1 year later...
On 4/25/2019 at 7:52 AM, Adrian Simpkins said:

Hi Victor/James

Thanks for the update, I can only presume that previously the Users were granted this role as they are all adamant they could reopen requests! Unfortunately I was not involved in this instance until recently, and I don't think anything has been documented as to the changes made to roles / settings etc !

I will let them know it is only something the Manager of the team should have, or I will look to create a specific role.

As an aside I already have plans in place to update their scripts to flow as suggested by you James, thank you for the pointer !

Many thanks

@Adrian Simpkins we created a custom role that only allowed the reopen function instead of giving full access to the request type and called it "reopen allowed".

Mike.

• Like 1