Link to External Documents

Darren Rose

Hello

We use an external BMS for the rest of the business, which includes all of the company policies, processes and procedures.

The current scenario I am now facing is that I would like to associate documents documents maintained on our BMS to Hornbill Services, but I won't rewrite the documents in Hornbill, or upload them, because the BMS is the control for the documentation. Ideally, I would simply like to be able to very simply link to them from Document Manager. I'm sure this could be done by creating a new document and pasting the link, but it would be smoother if it could exist as just a link. 

Thanks

Darren

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @TrevorHarris,

Can you provide details on how we can amend an external link to a document in Document Manager?

I had the need to link a document to Sharepoint a while ago and did so after you introduced the functionality, but without realising until now, I had actually linked the documents using the Microsoft Teams link, not the SharePoint Link, so it doesn't open directly.

Thanks,

Samuel

• 2 months later...

Hello and Happy New Year!

Anyway, whenever I use the link icon against a document that is linked to an external document (ie. SharePoint), I get the following:
image.png.ed4b8e4a9eef8ed0f2dcbd5a7704c033.png

If this is where document URL's are changed, I have not been able to do so since this was released because of the above issue.

Thanks,

Samuel

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 9:49 AM, TrevorHarris said:

@samwoo

Happy new year, sorry I've only just seen this - seems to be a problem with the release, I qet get this fixed and do a new release ASAP

Happy new year to you too - thanks :)