Report on Business Processes showing wrong data

I've created a report which looks at all of the currently active Business Processes in the hope that it will show me the 'last used on date' so that I can have a clear out of any BPM's which are live but not being used. Setting the report up is easy enough - I'm looking at ID, Active, Last Used On, Title and Version

However, the data which is returned really doesn't look right! 

For instance, we have a BPM called 'SERVICE REQUEST - New Starter 2019' which, in the report, shows as last used on 27-06-2017. This really can't be true, as the process wasn't created until 09-04-2019! 

Am I looking at the wrong data somehow? 

image.thumb.png.4b6dc536327fc50784be1147e63aabd6.png

image.png.3ec88383a653a41ea0d6043d1552e4bb.png

thanks

Hi @Paul Alexander

Do you know if this particular BPM was imported or a copy of another BPM?  Not sure how much data is copied across when doing either of these things.  That's the only reason that I can think of for these dates.

You may want to consider building a report that shows the BPM Instances.  At the moment you can't delete a BPM workflow if it has active instances of that particular BPM.  If you try to delete, it will give you a message saying that it has active BPM Instances. 

I've also moved your post to the Business Process topic.

Regards,

James

HI @James Ainsworth

This particular BPM was copied from another one - and yes, those dates date DO seem to correspond with when the original BPM was first created. I was hoping that the 'last used on' field would show exactly that....the last time the BPM was connected to a request, but it looks like that's not always the case?

I can see how a BPM Instances report might help, although I don't think it would help with the BPM's which are not used very often, and so don't have a current request open (or have I misunderstood what a report of this type would show?)

thanks

Hi @Paul Alexander

The report that I mentioned would help in a situation where a BPM has not been used for some time, but you may still have active requests that use that BPM.  So, when it comes time to delete a BPM and you get a message saying that there are active BPM instances, a report on the instances may help locate those requests. 

Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...