Send email notification to customer when customer facing comment added

Steven Cotterell

Hi,

Is there a way that I can enable an email update to a customer when one of our analysts adds a comment to a request?

If the customer is logged into the Portal and is looking at the request, they will see any updates we make in the feed, but if they are not, then I cannot see how they are informed that an update has been made.

Any ideas please folks?

Thanks

Steve.

@Steven Cotterell thanks for the post.  this is not currently possible, however what you can do in the meantime, for any urgent updates you want the customer to see, you can use the Email update action on the request.

The ability to email the customer on an agent update is on the short term list of features to add, so hopefully not to long to have to wait. I''ll add you and @HHH to this story and we'll post back here once this is progressing,

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 8:27 PM, Steven Boardman said:

@Steven Cotterell thanks for the post.  this is not currently possible, however what you can do in the meantime, for any urgent updates you want the customer to see, you can use the Email update action on the request.

The ability to email the customer on an agent update is on the short term list of features to add, so hopefully not to long to have to wait. I''ll add you and @HHH to this story and we'll post back here once this is progressing,

@Steven Boardman, thanks for your reply.  Look forward to seeing this delivered.  Where can I look to see a list of items that are on the 'roadmap' so, if there are any there that would benefit us, I can add my interest and watch their progress?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Thanks @Steven Boardman

We have enabled the notifications on the Service, and the 'guest.app.requests.notification.emailTemplate.customerTimelineUpdate' is set point at the 'CustomerTimelineUpdateNotification' email template.  However when an update is posted on a request within that Service, an email is not being sent.

Is there anything further we need to consider in order to get this activated?

Many thanks,

Neil

@Neil Smith ok two other things to double check

1. The email will only be sent if the update visibility type is Customer

2. Have you set the mailbox these notifications will be sent from guest.app.requests.notification.emailMailbox - You can find this in admin console > apps > Service Manager > Settings
The shared mailbox to use when sending email notifications from the instance

Hope that helps

@Neil Smith is the email being composed but not sent meaning it will be somewhere in Outbox or showing as unsent in Sent Items in the mailbox? How is the request update performed, is it a user that updates the timeline or is it a comment on an existing timeline entry? Is it via the user app or portals?