Authorising Activities within Service Requests

Tina.Lapere

Hi,

I'd like to know what role or even what permissions are need to be given to a full user/Analyst so they are able to authorise/reject activities against service requests please?  Other than this task they only need to be able to view/update calls as and when required.

At present they are part of the 'Admin Role' as this was the only way for the activity to appear.  I'm really not comfortable with this given all the other rights that come as part of the Admin role.

I'd be grateful for your help.

Thanks

Tina

@Tina.Lapere 

32 minutes ago, Tina.Lapere said:

they only need to be able to view/update calls as and when required

How do you define this "when required"?

If they would not need to access requests then having the Collaboration Role would be sufficient. If they do need to access the service request then they would also need Service Request Management User role. However, this grants permanent access to the service requests, given they are subscribed to view/access a particular request (based on teams supporting the service).

@Victor

Sorry for any confusion.  They need to be able to look at both incidents/service requests and the detail within (they are the ICT Manager) to check on calls and their progress when they want to.

They also need to be able to Authorise/Reject certain requests but they currently can only do this if they have the 'Admin role' which I don't feel they should have/need.  I'd therefore like to know what permissions/or role I need to assign/setup in order for them to continue to be able to do all the above without the need to be assigned the 'Admin role'.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @Tina.Lapere

On my instance I created a copy of the Incident Management User role and named it Incident Management Task Completer.
Then I added the Advanced Request Task Completer right to the new role and saved the changes.
I created a User with Collaboration Role and Incident Management Task Completer and was able to successfully complete a task assigned to a different user.

Does that allow you to achieve what you need without using the Full Access/Admin roles?

@Steve Giller - I spotted he didn't have the Collaboration Role so added it (found it mentioned on a post back in 2017).  Will this make the difference?

Are you able to test it on your test account for me please (as the analyst is out of the office this end at the moment)?  So with just the Collaboration Role and original Incident Management User role?

Thanks