How to find default WF being used

David Longley

Hi @David Longley

When you are raising Incidents or any other ticket type are you raising these against your Services / Catalog Items?  if so the business process which is invoked will be linked to the service / Catalog item which the Incident / Ticket is logged against. 

You can see which business processes are linked to your services / catalog item in the Service portfolio options:

For example, for Incidents raised against my Desktop Support Service it would be iBridge Major Incident

image.png

However, if it was for my Get Help catalog item, i would need to click on the cog for this catalog  item to see which business process would be invoked if this catalog item was chosen. 

Does this help?

HI @Steven Boardman, all i am doing is sending an email into XXX@XXX.com which is generating a ticket. when i try to process the ticket i get a Error NO Matching gotoif found. This error is only generates when a ticket is logged via email. All i need to know if what WF is being used so i can trace and see why this is happening. 

@David Longley ok got you. 

In the request where the process fails, in the information section - there should be a service and or a catalog item displayed.  If you look at the service and or catalog item for the specific request type from the service view i mentioned above this will tell you which business process is running.

image.png

If there is no service / catalog item on the ticket where this is happening let us know

I would suggest that your BP is relying on a ProCap answer that is not populated (as the Request is logged from email) and it's failing at that point.

If you can check the BP and ensure that all Decision Nodes that test a ProCap question have a "No Match" option this should prevent the error.

@David Longley - just to expand what my colleagues said above to give you an overview of this error and a rather more general approach in looking at it. Also FYI anyone else encountering this error.

"No Matching gotoif found" error occurs when a business process has one (or more but we use one for example) decision nodes. These are used to branch your workflow via different paths depending on certain criteria. These criteria are defined in branch expressions where you can have default criteria (such as a task outcome, a previous node success or failure or a previous node expiry) or custom criteria or expression where you build these criteria to suit your needs. When the decision node is reached in the process, the engine will evaluate all the expressions from all possible branches of the decision and whichever evaluate to true or whichever it matches, that would the path it will follow going forward. Back to the error, in case all the expressions in all possible branches evaluate to false or do not match the engine will not know what path is supposed to follow and it will stop there showing this error. For example: let's say you have a decision node which will branch the process on different two paths depending on an answer to a question provided during progressive capture. Let's say if the answer is 1 then it will follow the first path and if the answer is 2 it will follow the second path. However, let's assume the answer provided during progressive capture is 3. In this scenario, neither of the two expressions from process paths will evaluate to true or will match because it expects either a value of 1 or 2 but the value provided is 3. As there is no process path for this scenario, the workflow will stop.

In summary, what you would need to do is look at the process configuration, specifically decision nodes and expressions in branches and see where the above applies. There is at least one decision node in your process where the expressions do not find a match. Hope this helps.