Switch Capture based on Catalog Item

dwalby

Hi all,

I'm using the default, out-of-the-box 'New Service Request' progress capture. This could be an incredibly stupid question, but I was wondering if it's possible to switch capture based on the Catalog Item selected, without having to manually create a branch and switch capture for each catalog item?

When logging a request from an email currently, after selecting 'Service Request' the progress capture follows the 'New Service Request' flow regardless of which catalog item is selected. This can be quite cumbersome when logging requests that are of a simple nature and don't require much information to be captured. Ideally I'd like the 'New Service Request' Progress Capture to switch to the Catalog Item's Progress Capture immediately after the Catalog Item is selected. The only way I can see to do this currently is having to create a branch for each Catalog Item, as below. This would mean I'd have to create a branch to each catalog item manually and also ensure any future Catalog Items are added and branched. I guess I'm just assuming that there's a way the 'New Service Request' progress capture can detect what to switch to based on the Catalog Item setup within: Service Portfolio>Request Config section. I just want to make sure I'm doing it the most efficient way before diving in and doing it manually.

image.thumb.png.112b93842c39746463b3053968cbb7a2.png

Thanks in advance

@dwalby

You just need to set the 'Process to Run' to use a Variable and pass it the 'catalogProgressiveCaptureId' setting.

image.thumb.png.188eaa8c2167ef4d088c0fda2a75e4e5.png

That should then ensure it selects the correct catalog PC dynamically. FYI we do have the setting in place to ensure that a catalog item is always set, so we do not branch or check for that in the PC.

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton I'm ashamed of myself for not noticing that :lol:

To be fair I was frantically trying to figure out how to do it as we've just had an influx of a certain type of query which I wanted to setup urgently so we could handle effectively. Turns out I just need to slow down a bit :D Thanks for your help!