Reversing an expired activity

chriscorcoran

Hi @chriscorcoran

1 hour ago, chriscorcoran said:

I really could do with moving the process forward by authorising the change

Is the workflow stopped at the authorisation step, as in it is suspended and waiting for authorisation or is it that you have gone past the authorisation step and you would like to retrospectively authorise it?

Hi @chriscorcoran

If the request has not reached the authorization node for that particular request you can update the BPM instance for that particular request using the BPM Instance Took kit.

image.png

If you don't see this icon, you will need to turn on the setting experimental.feature.bpm.allowinstanceediting which can be found in Administration under Home->System->Settings->Advanced settings.

To user this tool you will need the BPM ID from the request.  This can be easily found if you have the rights to create custom buttons on the requests. Simply click on the cog for adding a new custom button, and select the BPM ID variable.  You can copy this and then cancel the creation of the custom button.

image.png

Back in Administration, after clicking on the BPM Tool box, enter the BPM ID

image.png

Once the BPM Instance is located, click on Edit Process.  Locate the authorisation node that you want to update.  In this case you should be able to remove the expiry from that node.  Note: While you can change the settings on an existing node, you can't add new nodes.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

James

@James Ainsworth thanks that is a big help, I manged to remove the expiry from the task, I tried to refresh but I still get expired tasks and the error., below, any thoughts?

decision ("e1204a1c-1761-d76b-530f-ddbf1587d6fb"/"decision-aa63401a-62bf-4512-2393-adf99ea65d11") execute: at 1/51: "Uncaught Global::GetApprovalResult: unable to find node: "autoApproval-671b8aa5"" (function(){ var outcome=false;var res = functions.getApprovalResult(global["currentStage"],"autoApproval-671b8aa5"); global["outputParams"]["tmp"]=res["result"];if(res["result"]==1) {outcome = "approved";}else if(res["result"]==2) {outcome = "expired";}else if(res["result"]==3) {outcome = "tentative";}else if(res["result"]==0) {outcome = "rejected";} global["outputParams"]["res"]=outcome;" ---------------------------------------- (function(){ var outcome=false;var res = functions.getApprovalResult(global["currentStage"],"autoApproval-671b8aa5"); global["outputParams"]["tmp"]=res["result"];if(res["result"]==1) {outcome = "approved";}else if(res["result"]==2) {outcome = "expired";}else if(res["result"]==3) {outcome = "tentative";}else if(res["result"]==0) {outcome = "rejected";} global["outputParams"]["res"]=outcome; return [(outcome== "expired") == true,(outcome== "tentative") == true]; })()

Hi @chriscorcoran

Interesting that the error is referring to a node suggesting that it can't find it.

What I would try to do is to look at the Expressions of each of the decisions (Expired, Tentative, Authorise, and rejected) to see if there is anything obvious that could be causing the problem.  I'm guessing that the expressions are currently looking up an outcome from that node that is being reported as missing so you may have to change the expressions to test for something else.  If you already know which decision that you would like to follow for this particular request, you could try editing the Expression to something that would always be met.  For example, if you have access to the priority of the request in the Expression builder, you can set the path you want to follow to check for the priority set on the request and the other paths to check for a priority that isn't set against the request.

Once you have made a change you can click on the Save and Restart button to see if your update to the workflow has worked.  

image.png

Regards,

James