Adding Site Company to Request List Filters

Lauren

We've started to utilise the "Company" field for our sites - to add some context, we have sites across both Kent and Essex and have added the two counties as our companies. We've then associated each site to a company based on its location. 

We have support teams across Kent and Essex who currently have their request lists set to show any requests where the customer's company is either Kent or Essex. However, some of our staff based in Essex work in Kent and vice versa. This therefore means that the support teams' requests lists aren't always accurate.

As every request has a site associated, could I request that the "Site Company" is added to the filters for request list views please? 

Thanks

Lauren

The ability of our technicians to see all requests in their areas of responsibility is very important.  This addition would ensure the lists are accurate for whatever area they are responsible for.

Thanks,

@Lauren Could you use the option in your business processes, to get the Site info, and then update a request field with the sites > Company 

image.png

Once you have this in a request custom field, you can then add this custom field, as a column to your custom views and display the value of this field on the request list views?

Below i am renaming the custom b column to County which in turn will display the value of custom b field which i am populating either automatically via the business process look up and update custom field option, or simply by having a drop down in the details section of the request, where custom b is labelled, county and it's options are Kent / Essex which can also then be manually updated. 

image.png

Hope that helps

Hi @Steven Boardman

Thanks for this - that would definitely work. However, there is no way of adding custom fields to the "Criteria" associated with a custom request list view. Therefore analysts would have to sift through the request list looking for either Kent or Essex listed in the relevant custom field.

Are there plans to add the custom fields to the drop-down for custom view conditions? Our teams get hundreds of requests each week, therefore I'm not sure that this would be any more efficient than their current set-up.

Thanks

Lauren