Date to retire Catalog Items

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Hello

We've got a few Catalog Items which are used for some HR processes which are only ever required for a set amount of time. So, for instance, people can request an update to their HealthCare package through the Portal, but they can only do this in the month of March. 

This means that i have to remember to make sure that these Catalog Items are NOT available come the 1st April - so, my question is, would it be possible to add a 'retirement date' option to Catalog Items? I realise that this will only affect a small amount of CI's, but it'd save me worrying that I'm going to forget to do it ;)

thanks

Hi @Paul Alexander as a first step in this area, would the ability to define a start and end date (like you can for bulletins) help?  so the catalog item would only be visible between the start and end date / time, obviously all other catalog items would continue to be available at all times. 

Do you see this as portal specific, or to apply to agents in progressive capture as well?

• Like 1

Guest Paul Alexander

HI @Steven Boardman

Yes, an optional start and end date would probably be all I'd need for this to be useful please. 

For the requests I'm thinking about at the moment, this would only be a Portal specific requirement, and I can't think of any need for it on other, agent specific requests. That's not to say that it WON'T ever be needed, I just can't think of any at the moment!

thanks