Date restriction based on previously selected date....

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Further to this request: 

IS there a way to limit a date selection field based on a previously chosen date?

For instance.....

• I'm setting up a Progressive Capture which will ask for two dates. One is for a Site Survey, and the other for a delivery date which MUST be after the survey date.
  • Date1 will be asking when a site survey should be scheduled. This date must be at least a week after 'today' (which obviously we can do using the 'max' and 'min' dates already available in the progressive capture form.
  • Date2 will have to be AFTER date1, and possibly (if we can do it) a set amount of days AFTER date1.

Would this be possible?

thanks

Hi @Paul Alexander

There is no such option available at the moment. This kind of problem where value of one field is dependent on value of other is quite complex.
It's similar to having value 5 in A and wanted to have in B minimum A+10 or in C double that - there could be much more examples like this one.

Solving this with adding specific code per scenario is not a way to go, will think what could be other choices but definitely there is no easy way.

Thanks,
Miro

Hi @Miro

Appreciate not easy but in certain processes it would be good to see a date option.

In our change process we have a Start and End time, often I'm seeing staff putting and end time before the start.

Be nice to have a option to force the end to be equal or greater than the start time.

Nasim

Hi @nasimg

I understand your requirements and as I said in my previous post need to find a best way how it can be solved.
Will post it here when we do any progress with it as for sure I won't be the only one working on that story.

Thanks,
Miro

• 4 years later...