RegEx Validation for £

SJEaton

Hi @SJEaton

Try this:

\b([1-9]|[1-8][0-9]|9[0-9]|[1-8][0-9]{2}|9[0-8][0-9]|99[0-9]|1[0-4][0-9]{2}|1500)\b

Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 21.25.39.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 21.26.58.png

A useful utility to generate regex for numeric ranges can be found here: http://gamon.webfactional.com/regexnumericrangegenerator/

We don't have any formal documentation around useful regex on the Wiki but this is a good suggestion, so I'll ask internally if there is anything we can put together as a starting point. It would be also be very beneficial to see what other community users use as part of their configurations. For those reading this, please feel free to post here if anyone has regex that they regularly use that may be useful to others!

Kind Regards

Bob

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi 

Is there a way to limit the amount of characters entered into a field?   I've had someone paste in a load of references into a single line text field.   We only expected one or maybe 2 reference numbers to be supplied

It lets the text go into the field, then stops the BPM as that field is used in the summary and it gives an error about the summary being too long.

image.png.625066d9e38185657a1007aa894f2c24.png

I'd like it to only allow a certain amount of characters and then give a warning.  In the meantime I can put something in the description to try and stop them while I think about how to change the PC

Any ideas or suggestions welcome!

thanks 

Helen

@HGrigsby this should work: 

^.{0,30}$

Just change the second number to the max characters you want to allow.

It wont catch white space if it is at the beginning or end of the string though so you might need to make some adjustments for that if you are sailing close to the field character limit.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...