Enhancement: Version Comparison

Dan Munns

Hi, 

Would it be possible to add version comparison functionality. We are looking at adding quite a lot of documentation for a couple of our business units into a knowledge base and one of the sticking points was our current software allows a comparison to visualise the differences between versions. Like so: 

image.thumb.png.427efcff3cd30b7b2657324bca0f674c.png

This allows us to compare any version of a document and will allow us to map document changes to change requests etc.

Thanks,

Dan

@Gerry inbuilt will be fine for now. 

The software we currently use is all inbuilt documentation the same as document manager. 

And I imagine comparing other file types will be a nightmare of epic proportions.

Although i believe that there was some chatter about a Sharepoint integration so maybe add the comparison of word / excel to that if it is possible? 

@Dan Munns

And I imagine comparing other file types will be a nightmare of epic proportions.

In a browser, yes, although we are looking at integration with O365 so that might offer some support here.  For the inbuilt documentation, I will ask the question internally, if it were doable this is where it would be most easy to achieve. Will keep you updated. 

Gerry

@Dan Munns

One of our devs will take a look at this over the next couple of weeks, we are not sure what's involved but I can see the benefit of having this capability and if you are to use DM as an alternative I can understand why you would not want to lose this capability.  Watch this space...

Gerry