Creating a project - need async method OR pop up screen

Lyonel

Hi,

When creating a new project that contains a number of tasks and milestones, it can take a long time to get the project created (up to 15-20 seconds). during that time, we don't really know (as a user) what is happening...

Would it be possible for the BPM to be kicked off asynchronously (like in Service Manager) or at least display a pop up window with a loading icon or something?

Also, my template contains 20 tasks... when I create a project, the 20 tasks get assigned to me (because the template does not specify any owner - on purpose). THIS IS OVERWHELMING!!! 

image.png.e8fd6c52c02e59b50824a75c13eaccb6.png

Are there any plans to improve on this? 

My 2 cents on the matter: a new cateogry should be created per application... So If you have both Project Manager and Service Manager then tasks should not be mixed. Only the "My Activities" screen should aggregate all tasks in to a single screen (and a new filter made available).

@Lyonel thanks for your post.

Firstly, the lack of update as to what is happening when creating a project - this will be addressed and is something we are aware of. What takes the time is the creation of the tasks from the selected template.

On that point, we will be changing the way project tasks work so that you can create a new project task without it being assigned to any project stakeholder. This will remove the issue you have around being overwhelmed with project tasks.

Alex

1 hour ago, Lyonel said:

Hi,

When creating a new project that contains a number of tasks and milestones, it can take a long time to get the project created (up to 15-20 seconds). during that time, we don't really know (as a user) what is happening...

Would it be possible for the BPM to be kicked off asynchronously (like in Service Manager) or at least display a pop up window with a loading icon or something?

Also, my template contains 20 tasks... when I create a project, the 20 tasks get assigned to me (because the template does not specify any owner - on purpose). THIS IS OVERWHELMING!!! 

image.png.e8fd6c52c02e59b50824a75c13eaccb6.png

Are there any plans to improve on this? 

My 2 cents on the matter: a new cateogry should be created per application... So If you have both Project Manager and Service Manager then tasks should not be mixed. Only the "My Activities" screen should aggregate all tasks in to a single screen (and a new filter made available).

This is also a Big Problem for me as i already told you and the list get bigger and bigger....

Regards

Nikolaj

• Like 1