Service Subscriptions - Display width or tool tip

Martyn Houghton

Would it be possible to have the display width of the subscription field increased and/or have a tool tip when hovering over a truncated matched record to display the whole organisation names.

image.png.cb848b33d8c745f73daef5d05f8e0fa7.png

In our case we have a large number of organisations with similar naming conventions, plus the additional of duplicates to get around the lack of supports for sites within external organisations.

Cheers

Martyn

+1 for us,

also, would I need to raise a separate thread for column widths in Service Manager for sub-queue view? image.png.e451a60b6ca7fe227c55341e2e6ab4a7.png

truncation even if at lower screen zoom levels - we're looking to re-order the extracted content but pixel width control like Excel with optimising using customize columns would be a major efficiency.

5 hours ago, Dave Read said:

would I need to raise a separate thread for column widths in Service Manager for sub-queue view? 

Hi @Dave Read

Thanks for your post. It can be helpful raising a separate topic.  These two mentioned topics are in very different areas of the product so it help us to keep better track of requests and it help other users that are searching for solutions.  

Also, if you do a search you may find a solution or information about your topic that you can contribute to.  For example... 

Regards,

James

thanks, @James Ainsworth i search now and i see that post, not yesterday - but their problem i've offered the same fix as I've just used successfully... remove redundant columns. this allows dynamic and automatic adjustment of width rendering to take place. (we need a "last update BY" column so i was adding too many columns like "last updated" & "last updated date"  so we can sort by this column for identifying customer responses)

sorry for potential thread hijack to @Martyn Houghton ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

@James Ainsworth

Having had to manually copy over a hundred service subscribers (see link below for recent enhancement request for Copy Subscribers) from the existing service to a new service has reminded me why I logged the enhancement request last year to have the display width increased on the display when adding new subscribers.

We have a growing number of organisations with the similar naming conventions at the beginning and not being able to see the full name or hover over the matches to see the full name is very frustrating.

Is there any update on this?

Cheers

Martyn

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

@Steven Boardman @James Ainsworth

There has been a change applied in this area with display is now showing the full name and objects structured ID. However in the normal 100% view, you cannot get to the Plus sign to save it.

As a workaround you have change the zoom level in the browser until you can get to it to save the entries.

Would it not be better to show the full name and have the objects structured ID as a tool tip?

Cheers

Martyn

image.png.03edf09f69093d59cbb419b95d68c154.png

• 7 months later...