Setup of User Roles

Hi 

We have around 140 Users to be setup on Hornbill with a variety of roles depending on their job role, and I was hoping you can advise if there is any kind of template I can use to set these up, as having to add the roles individually to 140 Users will be a little bit onerous! I note there is a template option on the User tab but this looks like it just relates to setting a template for importing your user base into Hornbill. What I would like to be able to do is set for example 10 different user profiles then be able to add a list of Users to grant these different profiles to. Is there a quick and easy way to achieve this please, or will it be a case of having to go to each User account individually and add their required roles?

Many thanks

4 hours ago, Adrian Simpkins said:

Is there a quick and easy way to achieve this please, or will it be a case of having to go to each User account individually and add their required roles?

@Adrian Simpkins - I think I am the bearer of not so good news... basically, a role can be associated to a user either from the user profile, the roles section or from the role itself, where is the option to associate the role to a user or to all users in the system (https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Roles)

The option available on the role when associating "all" users to that role gives you a bit of flexibility but looking at what you try to do, not sure it suitable.. in any case, there is the option to bulk associate a role to a list of users and this can be filtered based on the user's company or user's role (one allready associated to the user). But that is the extent of it I'm afraid...

image.png

• 2 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:32 AM, Adrian Simpkins said:

What I would like to be able to do is set for example 10 different user profiles then be able to add a list of Users to grant these different profiles

I'd love to have this too!  Any chance of it being something for future development?  Sam

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump for this one - is this something that can be added to the Roadmap Developments at all please? This feature is something we would utilise greatly going forward, as other departments are interested in onboarding to Service Manager, so we have a vision of ultimately automating this in a BPM, so for example a new User joins a team, and the BPM could call the template specific to their role and potentially automate their Hornbill setup?

Thanks !

• Like 1

Guest Paul Alexander

+1 for us too please.....sames as @Adrian Simpkins we have new teams and departments joining Hornbill all the time, and setting up their profiles and roles is pretty difficult at the moment! Adding roles to Teams would be a good start for us please. 

thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...