Copying Questions

Jeremy

We have some circumstances that mean that questions from the Portal are copied and pasted into cells in Google sheets and the text is copied but with coloured backgrounds, is this expected behaviour?

This is the questions section:

image.png.2474ddbaaec8db1334c5fe3f6ec4c9f4.png

Here is the copied text:

image.png.405b575b853b85136905ecc19f4cbea7.png

Hi @Jeremy

When you say - cut and paste from the portals, are you manually cutting and pasting from the questions section on the portal view (MY Services) as the customer? or an an agent on the request view?

Also could you tell us a little more about what you are going with Google Sheets?  we have some OOTB google integrations available via iBridge but always happy to look at adding more to automate if possible.  If you could let us know some details on this, we could happily take a look at how viable it is to add some options to the the Google iBridge?

Hi @Jeremy

Interesting, i can replicate this (as shown below).

image.png

What i also observed was if the question / answer is copied into the box it does not have a background

image.png

image.png

However if you use the right click in a cell directly then a black background is applied to the the cell. 

I am no Google Sheets expert, but i will feed this back and see if this is anything specific to Hornbill, but in the meantime i would suggest pasting the questions & answer using the cell field not the right click on the cell itself. 

Or use the Paste Values only option

image.png