Build: 1459 - Unable to link assets

Ann-MarieHolloway

Good Morning,

We updated our Hornbill instance of Service Manager on Friday 15/03/19 and analysts are now reporting they are unable to link assets to calls.

One example is SR00022294, when my colleague REDWA attempts to search for asset number 000347 he receives the result of "No Assets Found"  (see image below).  He has access to the roles below (screenshot 2).  However if I search for an asset number I get the response in screenshot 3.   

I can see Service Manager has the new Asset Action update (screenshot below) however, please can you confirm which role allows analysts to link assets?

image.png.3a6cc8e92c5ca9a695d506f8d0d7a22e.png

Many Thanks

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hi @Ann-MarieJones

The Role that is required to view assets is the Asset Management User role.  This role only has the right to view assets.  Try adding this role and let us know if this works.( I did notice that the description on the role wasn't correct as it seems to suggest that the Asset Management User role allows for adding and updating of assets.  This is not the case.  If you look at the details of the role you will see that it only has the right to view.)

I'm not aware of any changes in this area and I've not seen any other reports about the last update preventing assets from being associated.  I'll keep an eye open to see if this has happened to anyone else. 

Regards,

James

Hi @Ann-MarieJones

Having looked at this a bit closer I can see that the Incident Management Full Access role that you have assigned to the user includes the right View Configuration Items. This should be enough to view the assets without adding the Asset Management User role that I mentioned above.

I'll continue to investigate.

• Thanks 1

Hi @Ann-MarieJones

Sorry that I haven't had a chance to revisit this as of yet.  I believe that you have a Premier Success support plan with us.  If you have issues that are impacting your users I would recommend raising a support request via our web site

In the mean time, I will try and have a look at this again today. 

Regards,

James