Email to external contact when the ticket is updated

HGrigsby

Hi 

We have a 3rd party handling some of our calls, I have an email going out to them when the ticket is raised, which raises a ticket on their system, their updates come back to us OK.

I want an email to go out to them whenever an update is added to the ticket.  Is it possible, and if so how do I go about it?

Thanks

Helen 

Are you talking about manual or automatic updates?
If the former, you can simply email them with the update, which will appear on your request timeline - which will have the same end result as what you're asking, an email to the 3rd party and a timeline update on your request.

If you were to have an update automatically email the 3rd party you run the risk of their system responding to that email, which updates your request, which emails them ... and you're straight into a loop.

Hi 

Thanks for coming back to me.  I want an email to go out automatically to the external address when the ticket is updated.

They are using Jira, I have the BPM set so it emails when a ticket is logged and this logs a request in their system and updates they make are coming back to the service manager incident.

I know there is integration with Jira and have found a few articles but wasn't sure it would do what we want.

Helen

@HGrigsby

We use the iBridge integration tool to create Jira tickets for our developers when needed and then routing rules to get the informtion we want from the emails sent from Jira to update our Hornbill tickets with relevant information.

The only issue so far has been one Jira project that had a mandatory field that was of Array type which iBridge can't handle but until that's fixed we made that field non mandatory.

On 3/9/2019 at 9:03 AM, HGrigsby said:

I know there is integration with Jira and have found a few articles but wasn't sure it would do what we want.

Hi @HGrigsby

Getting this integration and automation might help with removing extra manual steps to make sure that the updates are done directly.   We have also added a feature that lets you perform integration actions as part of the Custom Buttons that can be added on the requests.  These means that you can have a mix of BPM driven updates and manually initiated updates applied.

It might be worth posting options that you would like to have with the Jira integration in the following forum topic

https://community.hornbill.com/forum/139-hornbill-ibridge-integration-requests/