Employee Skills Matrix

samwoo

Hello,

I would like to request a feature to add on to the existing co-workers region where staff can specify what skills they have and how proficient they are in each skill, follow by the ability to search a skill and bring up a list of employees that has it.

I dont expect this to be feature-heavy and have any other functionality (though possibily something for the future).

• A new tab in the Co-Workers region titled "Skills"
  • Co-Workers can update it if they want to either via Hornbill or via the Portal
  • Applies to Basic and User accounts
  • Adding skills should work like document tags
  • The ability to set their skill level for a skill (low, medium, high for example)
  • The ability for a "User" to be able to search for a skill and return a list of people that has it (and it should also show their availability)
  • Ability to have a "Skills" cloud, like document tags cloud where we can visualize the skills and maybe to help identify where additional training may be required.

I hope this is a simple one to implement, and may go hand-in-hand with Holiday Manager and Round-Robin functionalities down the road.

Thanks,

Samuel

Cc:@Aaron Summers

• Like 4

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @samwoo

Thanks for your post.

This is something that we have been looking at for some time now.  Still a lot for us to consider, so there is no time frame at the moment, but I did want to let you know that this something on our radar.

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth,

Thanks for responding - even basic functionality would be a step in the right direction, but i am pleased to hear that this is something that has been discussed.

This will certainly help us in the future identify individuals we need for a request.

Thanks,

Samuel

• Like 1