Full Data dump?

lee mcdermott

Hi,

What is the best way to get a full data download for maybe the last 6 months or even 12 months?

I thought creating a standard report and only selecting date logged with parameter of last 6 months. I would then have to select what columns I want I assume?

Is there any utility in Hornbill other than reports that would allow you to download data.

Thanks

lee

@James Ainsworth

Hi James,

I have been asked to get a data dump so that someone can use it in Power BI to display stats stuff I think.

I don't think it is specifically about getting Power BI and Hornbill working together, I think it is more a separate project around Power Bi and seeing what that can do so they wanted a data set to use for testing.

The data would probably be just all the information you would get from a logged request.

@lee mcdermott there is a 25,000 row limit on each individual report you generate  using the Hornbill reporting in the UI., but there are different ways in which you can get 'all' the data out for use in Powerbi or others solutions. 

The one you / your colleague probably needs to look at is our Hornbill Data Export Utility, this would allow for the historical data to be exported to a local database, where they could hook up Powerbi to look at the data.  After an initial data dump, the utility could be used to update with newer data going forward, details on this are found here:

Hornbill Data Export Utility: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Hornbill_Data_Export

This utility was provides off the back of other customers wanting to do a similar thing  - 

Feel free to take a look at this, and if needed reach out to @Steve G who i am sure would be happy to answer any questions / queries you have with this. 

Finally there is also  a Wiki page on Powerbi integration via R Script as an alternative approach: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/PowerBI_Reporting

Steve